Sunday, January 13, 2013

Power of Atonement

Jesus


Since we aren't taking Porter to church yet with how bad so many sicknesses are going around I have been trying to take that time to reflect on blessings from Heavenly Father (Tyson has to go to church because he is in the bishopric).  The power of the Atonement has been on my mind many times since we were blessed with Porter.  I am daily grateful for this gift.

The power of the Atonement blessed Tyson and I as we went/go through our infertility journey.  Bringing us the comfort we needed.  It wasn't always easy, and it took, especially me, a long time to be willing to let the Atonement fully heal us the way it has the power to. 

Through all of this I think of Enos in the Book of Mormon.  He too went through his needing the healing by the power of the Atonement.  I love the answer for the Lord when Enos asked him how it was he was healed.  The Lord answered him "Because of thy faith in Christ, whom thou hast never before heard nor seen....wherefore, go to, thy faith hat made thee whole." (Enos: 1:8)

The best part of the Atonement is that it is available for everyone.  We each have the same access.  Individually we have to have our own faith for the Atonement to heal us.  I love that Heavenly Father has blessed us all with this wonderful gift. I know that by faith in our Heavenly Father in righteousness all things are possible.