Thursday, November 29, 2012

"When can we see him?"

Ever since the news of Porter joining our family has gotten out, we have received nothing but love and support from all of our family and friends.  The favorite question that is asked..."When can we see him?!"

We always knew we had great family and friends, but the support they have shown us through this time has been amazing.  Calling and making sure we are all doing ok; making sure we have enough diapers, clothes, and other necessities for Porter; bringing us meals; and the list could go on.

Tyson and my sister's even threw a surprise baby shower for me on Saturday.  Tyson thought I had figured it out because he was in on the planning of it, but I had no idea and was really surprised when I went to our church to help with some Young Women's things since I wasn't going to be at church on Sunday.  When I walked out of the Young Women's room there was all of our family.  It was so fun!

These are a few of Porter's cousins that were so excited to see him.  The oldest two boys are cousins who were also adopted, and are excited to share that bond with Porter.



Many neighbors have asked if they could throw a Baby Shower for us as well, so that one is in the works and will be happening in the next couple weeks.